Transfer Money Abroad: Top 9 International Experts (2017)
An international money transfer company can be a cheaper alternative for your bank to transfer money abroad. Below you will find a list of the biggest UK companies.
These companies specialise in transferring thousands of Pounds, Dollars, Euros and hundreds of other currencies ever day to help you find the cheapest, easiest and most secure options. This service will be especially important when you:
- Purchase properties overseas;
- Make payments frequently;
- Transfer large amounts overseas.
Before you use a company for an international money transfer take into account the following guidelines:
- Check if the firm is authorised by the FCA rather than merely registered.
- Arrange a contract first to check which exchange rate is used, especially with large sums.
- Check other sources on the internet to make sure the company has a good reputation.
Below you will find a list of 9 companies that can help you send money abroad. We used the search volume on the internet as a basis to compile this lis.
Torfx is a leader in foreign exchange. “Our company’s mission is to provide outstanding exchange rates, expert guidance and a simple, friendly service that people will want to recommend to others.” – Jon Beddell (CEO)
- Processes over 3 billion Pounds in foreign exchange and international payments per annum;
- Offices located in the UK, mainland Europe, Australia, the USA and South Africa;
- 5* review ratings on Trustpilot;
- Trustworth member of UK Money Transmitters Association.
Currencies Direct is one of Europe’s oldest and largest foreign exchange specialists. They were one of the first companies in the UK outside the banking industry to offer specialist currency services.
- Helped more than 150,000 corporate and personal clients;
- Process $4.5 billion in currency payments every year;
- Offices located in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the United States;
- 5* review ratings Trustpilot.
RationalFX since 2005 has grown into one of Europe’s key international payment providers. With an aim to help people transfer money overseas at a low price
- Helped 80,0000 clients up to date;
- Fully regulated by HMRC and authorised by the FCA to operate anywhere in the EU;
- 4* review rating on Trustpilot.
OFX started in 1998 with a simple goal of wanting to give people a fair go. The company is trusted by customers from all over the world.
- Over 1 million transfers;
- Offices located in Sydney, San Francisco, Toronto, Hong Kong and Auckland;
- Excess of £50 billion;
- 5* review rating on Trustpilot.
WorldFirst is one of the most experienced teams in foreign exchange. They combine advantageous prices with excellent customer service to really make a difference to your business.
- Received three stars in the Best Companies Guide;
- This year has 48,000 new customers;
- Offices based in 7 countries including – UK, USA, Netherlands, Hong Kong.
Ebury is in the business of simplifying international trade for small and medium sized companies. Dealing with over 140 currencies.
- Traded £9.5bn in foreign exchange;
- Transactions in more than 140 currencies;
- Working with 12,000+ businesses and organisations.
TransferWise is an internationally trusted transferal specialist and deal with cutting out hidden costs to help get you the cheapest quote.
- Moving over £500 million every month globally;
- Available in 59 countries covering 504 currencies;
- 5* rating on Trustpilot.
TransferMate Global Payments offer the smartest solution for business worldwide to both send and receive international payments.
- Offices across Europe, North America and Australasia;
- Over 35,000 clients worldwide;
- 4* rating on TrustPilot.
HiFX is a UK-based foreign exchange broker that specialises in bank-beating international money transfers.
- Allows you manage your account online 24/7 from any device;
- Secure transfers as authorised by the FCA under the Payment Service Regulations;
- 5* rating on TrustPilot.
Note on data
We take no responsibility for the services offered by these companies. Check online reviews, other resources and compare quotes before you make a choice.