It is hard to know what size, style, or service you need, but by the end of this article, you’ll be an expert on the matter. If you want to cut to the chase and get an accurate estimate for container shipping costs, request a quote here.
The average shipping container transport costs in the UK typically range between £1,800 to £15,700 for a 20-foot container and £2,700 to £25,000 for a 40-foot container.
Container Shipping Prices from the UK to:
|USA||£4,660 – £5,750||£5,905 – £8,545|
|Canada||£4,975 – £8,390||£7,770 – £8,855|
|Australia||£7,770 – £15,695||£15,230 – £24,865|
|New Zealand||£3,110 – £4,660||£11,655 – £15,540|
|South Africa||£3.110 – £4,660||£11,655 – £15,540|
|Japan||£2,795 – £4,660||£3,230 – £3,575|
|Dubai||£1,865- £2,100||£2,795 – £3,110|
Disclaimer. The above figures for sea container shipping rates are estimates. The actual price will vary depending on the port of departure, port of arrival, availability of containers, and services.
Container shipping rates depend on several factors, namely the type of transportation you take, the volume of your move, and the destination.
Container shipping companies offer Less Than Container Load (LCL) for those who are only transporting a small volume of things. You will share your container with others travelling to a similar destination.
😲 You can reduce the cost of your move by 25-33%.
Requesting removal quotes from different container shipping companies can be key to finding the best deal. Fill in our form to receive up to 5 free quotes and compare services, reviews and prices:
Understanding how your container shipping rates are calculated is the first step to cutting costs and feeling more in control of your move.
1. Volume: It goes without saying that, your items’ volume and weight, will determine international container shipping rates. The prices will increase or lower depending on how much stuff you’re moving.Estimate My Volume Now
If you want to learn more about container shipping types and sizes – and how they can influence your price – look at our container shipping guide:Read About Container Shipping Sizes
2. Distance: The further, the more expensive it will be. The choice of port-to-port or door-to-door will also affect the final price.
3. Origin and Arrival Port: Popular routes will be cheaper than more obscure ones, competition drives down prices. Also, consider customs duties and service fees can be charged and will vary from country to country.
4. Time of the Year: Moving during summer, when demand is higher and therefore capacity lower, tends to be more expensive than other times of the year.
5. Mode of Transport: Sea freight is the cheapest way to transport container shipping, but it’s also slower. Unless you’re in a rush or are bringing a small amount of items, it is recommended over air freight. Depending on your destination, you can also rely on other transport methods. Find them on our page here.
There’s a little more to moving house than simply container shipping rates, so we have made a summary of international moving costs here.
First of all, congratulations! Even making it to the end of this article is something to be proud of. Moving house is a stressful task, but now that you know everything about container shipping costs, you are one step closer to your final destination. In case you might need further assistance organising your move overseas, we recommend checking out the pages we have linked for you below. 🙂
If you are feeling disheartened, take a leaf out of Confucius’ book and remember the man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
Shipping a container is a way to transport belongings and goods from one location to another through so called large metal boxes containers. They can be shipped by sea or air freight.
To make an informed decision, make sure to investigate about:
The price for international container shipping can range from £1,100 – £5,700 for a European move and £4,800 – £25,000 overseas.
The price will vary from £1,100 – £3,100 for a European move and £2,700 – £16,000 overseas.
The price will vary from £2,100 – £5,700 for a European move and £2,300 – £25,000 overseas.