Visa in France
What information do you need to know about moving to France? As France is part of the European Union, migration to the country is very easy for other members of the EU, such as the UK. If you want to move to France or work in France, it is important to know the requirements when applying for a visa.
Do I require a visa to live in France?
A Visa is not required from the UK, whatever the duration of the stay. Nationals of EU member States have no requirement to apply for entry and stay visas. As long as a valid passport is shown with an expiry date more than 90 days from the departure date.
When do you need a visa in France?
A visa in France is required only if you are not an EU member. The main types of visas are:
- Short-term visa: This visa is valid up to three months
- Long-term visa: the long-term visa is valid from 3 to 12 months. This visa may be required if you want to study or work in France.
A short stay visa/Schengen which is less than 90 days costs 60 EUR and any stays longer than 90 days are classed as l0ng stay visas and cost 99 EUR. Children between the age of 6 and below the age of 12 encounter a lower visa fee of 35 EUR
There is not visa fee if:
- Children are under the age of 6 years
- Pupils, students, postgraduates and the accompanying teachers who are travelling for the purpose of studying or educational training
- Researchers of the third-world countries travelling for the purpose of scientific research
- Representatives of non-profit organisations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations.
It is very easy for UK citizens to migrate to live, work or study in France. The EU agreement makes it very convenient.