About Elephant Removals
Elephant Removals Company in London cover Moves across the UK and operates 24/7 with Storage Service to cover any emergencies. A customer-centred House Relocation Specialists and one of the premier moving companies in London. London's Favourite Movers and Packers offer skilled Packing Service with branded high quality Packaging Materials. We also do Man and Van Hire Service for small moves and Student Removals at reasonable prices to keep it cheap and affordable for students. For hassle-free move and complete peace of mind, look no further. Give Elephant Removals a call and we'll take all the stress out of your Move. The job isn't complete until you are happy :)
Type of Removal Company
ReviewsWrite a review
* Gave me a much more expensive quote than other companies, but I trusted Elephant Removals at the time for its reviews.
* 2 hours alone just to move contents from flat into van. I had the amount of things within the expectations of someone moving from a studio to an 1 bedroom, it seems highly inefficient that it took 2 hours just to empty out boxes and bags from my flat. This is not including dissembling my bed. I also helped with moving out.
* 1 hour unloading once we reached the destination, with my help. I understand that there’s no lift to access my second floor flat, but [name removed by Sirelo] was sighing the whole time which was unprofessional. [name removed by Sorelo](apologies that I spelt his name wrong), however, was professional, excellent and efficient the whole time.
* While [name removed by Sirelo] was dissembling the bed, I had to go downstairs to look for a more appropriate tool. I found [name removed by Sirelo] sitting there but he said he was watching my stuff. I’m not sure why he didn’t just lock up the van and helped with dissembling the bed instead
* Multiple chips and scuff marks on my bed’s footboard- please see picture attached. I heard and saw multiple times that my furniture bumped into other objects e.g. door, anchor, walls etc. and [name removed by Sirelo] had to say to [name removed by Sirelo] a few times to be careful
* Chipped chair - picture attached
* Wheel fell off radiator, cap missing. I don’t know if I’ll be able to replace this cap. Some force was applied to the radiator and it’s now wobbling. I forgot to take a picture of this item but I’m happy to provide it as evidence when I get home
* Tissue boxes broken - I saw contents fall out while [name removed by Sirelo] was transporting the bag during unloading - picture attached
* Lots of things being put down without care on [name removed by Sirelo] part
* Missing screw from my bed - I picked up a nail while [name removed by Sirelo] transported it to the van. On Sunday, I went back to my old flat to clean it, and found another screw that fell off. Had I not returned, I would have never found it. It seems very unprofessional to transport parts and furniture so carelessly from professional movers
* Damaged foot stool - see picture
* Damaged bed underframe - this was transported attached to the central beam. I saw [name removed by Sirelo] unloading it and by the time it reached my bedroom, the attached parts have fallen off. While attempting to assemble my bed yesterday, I saw that the parts were badly bent which has made assembling the bed impossible. See pictures attached for what they are meant to look like (IKEA manual) and what mine looked like after the move
* I was charged for the full half hour even though my moved ended at 15:15. By that point I was too upset to want to ask the movers to assemble my bed. In hindsight they wouldn’t have been able to assemble it in 15minutes anyway, plus the spine of the bed is damaged.
In light of all the issues, I think it’s wholly unfair that I paid £440 for this kind of service and experience. Instead feeling reassured, I was anxious and upset on top of the moving stress. It is ever more so upsetting because I kept my furniture in pristine condition only to have them damaged when I have moved into a new home.