Removal Volume Calculator – Instantly Measure the Size of your Furniture
Use our removal volume calculator to save yourself time and money when obtaining moving quotes. As the biggest variable in calculating removal costs, it is essential that you measure the volume of your furniture accurately. Sit back, relax and let our handy tool do the work for you!
How to use the Removal Volume Calculator
By using our furniture removal volume calculator, you can find out the total volume of your furniture in either cubic feet (f³) or cubic metres (m³). But how? It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…quite literally!
- Click to add all of the personal belongings you intend on taking with you.
- The calculator will then automatically provide you with the volume of your move.
- Send it to your email for safekeeping, or directly request quotes.
Why use the Removal Volume Calculator?
We touched on this briefly, but we think it’s important to drill this into you. No move is exactly the same, which is why requesting quotes is crucial to get accurate figures on your removal costs. Along with the distance of your move, the volume of your things plays a huge role in calculating costs. So, unless you enjoy being overcharged (thought not!) then get moving and use our removal volume calculator.
Disclaimer. Our removal volume calculator gives you an approximation of the volume of your move. Removal companies will usually need to see your belongings after you have requested quotes to perform a more precise calculation.
Other factors to consider
As mentioned, there are several factors affecting removal costs, with the volume of your move being a decisive one. However, the following list outlines other factors to keep in mind:
- The distance: this isn’t rocket science- the further you move, the more expensive it will be.
- The route: if your route is obscure and remote, expect costs to increase.
- Mode of transport: choosing to travel via air freight, for example, is more expensive than via sea or road.
- Speciality items: if you have items such as fine art or a piano, a surplus can be charged.
If you are itching for more information on how quotes are calculated, our removals costs page is dedicated to national moves, and our international moving costs page to those relocating overseas. But not before you use our removal volume calculator!
What is the price of shipping a container overseas?
Much like other aspects of your move, unfortunately there is no blanket answer to this question. The cost of shipping a container depends on where you are sending it to, as well as what size of container you are using.
We imagine this wishy-washy answer is somewhat frustrating, which is why we have an entire page dedicated to all your container shipping cost queries. Don’t say we don’t look after you 😉.
Choosing an international moving company
We hope our removal volume calculator has made your move slightly less stressful. However, relocating overseas is always going to come with a few extra hurdles. The last thing you need to do is waste your time filtering through the saturated market of international moving companies. We are here to help!
Alongside offering free, no obligation quotes, we have also compiled a list of the top international removal companies in the UK. If you are at a loose end, there is no better way to get cracking!
Once you have used our removal volume calculator to grasp how much furniture you really have, continue to explore the Sirelo website, and we promise to help you move with a smile 😊. In particular, the following pages are likely to be of use:
- Moving House Checklist: work your way through this, and you won’t forget a thing!
- Moving Abroad Checklist: make relocating overseas stress-free.
- How to Pack to Move House: our expert guide.
- Moving Boxes: how and where to find them.
In the meantime, we wish you every success with your move. You got this!