Clockwork Removals pride themselves in having UK wide coverage whilst maintaining valuable local expertise.Their branches stretch right across the UK, so whether you are planning to move from Lands End to John O’Groats they have the national infrastructure and local expertise to support the entire process. Moreover, they provide international removals as well as storage services.
What is your insurance policy? How do you deal with damaged items?
What is the best advice you would give to customers?
We moved in October 2020. The removal men did not have the correct allen key to take apart the dining table. Instead, they chose to take the dining table down a narrow back alley, which scraped the top of it. The company admitted it is damaged beyond repair. The removal men also refused to take the sofa down the one-flight of stairs. Instead, they chose to move the sofa via the window of a one story flat. They did not have the equipment to do this, so 'balanced' our sofa on top of our extended hoover. This resulted with the sofa frame cracking and damage to the leather. They also refused to cover any of the large items of furniture in their van, resulting with further damage to the dining table and a trunk.
We have photos of the awful removal service, including our sofa hanging out our window, balanced on our hoover. The company admitted responsibility and said they would be 'retraining their staff in moving furniture.' However, they did not apologise and would not provide a refund or compensation for their damage, due to their neglect.
The only action they would take was an insurance claim, which covers less than half of the value of the furniture.
Avoid this company. They are disgustingly awful.
Response to Clockwork's review:
- When we moved in, we took the sofa via the stairs. It's a lie that the sofa would not fit down the stairs. It's a lie that the removal men asked for our permission to take the sofa out of the window.
- Clockwork have received a photo of the sofa hanging out of our window, balanced on our extended hoover, demonstrating the lack of care & professionalism.
- We made a complaint about the awful service with Clockwork & they confessed the service had been poor & staff would be re-trained.
- The 'insurance' claim is less than half of the value of the damaged goods. All items were in good condition pre-move.
- Clockwork should have done the honourable thing: apologised, refunded us for the full value of the items damaged by their awful & unprofessional staff, and not made us go via their insurance which will only give a third of the value of the items Clockwork damaged.
Clockwork remain a company to avoid.Read more