Removal Quotes: How to Choose the Right Removal Company
Requesting removal quotes is one of the most important things when planning your move. So, it’s no wonder that receiving all of these quotes can be a little overwhelming. This page is designed so that when you obtain moving quotes, you can decide which are the good ones from the bad.
- Why do you need to Request Removal Quotes?
- What do Removal Quotes Include?
- What makes a Good Removal Estimate?
- Red Flags
- Request Removal Quotes
Removal estimates can vary greatly because of the several factors that influence how much a move can cost. The size of your move, the distance and what other services you need for your move are all things that influence the overall cost of your move. For an idea of the price of your move, visit our removal costs page.
It is very important that a removal quote is accurate and that you get your money’s worth. Since you probably want to save money on your move, it’s in your best interests to get removal quotes from more than one company. Why not calculate the volume of your move to save time when requesting moving quotes.
Fill out our quick and easy form and request up to five removal quotes for free. It will only take you a few minutes and can save you up to 40% on your move!
So, now that you have requested some moving quotes off companies, besides from prices, it might be a good idea to know what to expect:
- Price: When the company provides you with the price, you must always ask if it’s an estimate or the price that they have calculated for your move. This way you know if it’s the actual amount or if you should expect that the price may change. Another thing to look out for is if they have included or excluded any extra fees.
- Moving Date: As well as price, the moving date will be included in removal quotes, so make sure to check that it’s the same date as the one you originally requested.
- Description of the Move: The removal company will describe how they are planning to move your belongings from A to B and also what other services are included and any other important information regarding your move.
- Insurance: Every removal company will provide some form of basic insurance and this should be included in the price. It’s good to find out what the insurance covers and if you need to take out any other insurance for your move.
- Terms and Conditions: This will state what the moving company is obliged to do and what you are expected to do as well. It’s very important to read these so you are aware of all the details of your move.
Getting several removal quotes is really easy and is a great idea so that you can compare each one. However, it can be a little overwhelming, especially if you’re not sure what to look for. Here are some tips on what makes good removal company quotes:
- Start Early: The earlier you start to look at removal quotes the easier the moving process can be. It also means that you will have longer to get more quotes and therefore find the right removal company for you.
- Ask Questions: The more questions you ask, the better idea you will have if this is the right moving company to go with.
- Online Research: Once you gain some moving quotes, it’s best to do some online research to see what kind of company they are. Looking at what their online reviews say about them and also if they are members of any associations. This will tell you how much experience they have and whether they are a reputable removal company. Take a look at the online UK removal company profiles we have.
- Storage: If you want to move your house into storage before or after your moving date, then it would be handy if the moving company had any storage space to offer.
- Specialist items: If you need anything to be moved with care then it is important if the moving company can do this for you. For example, moving antiques, fine art or pianos require specialist equipment and can take longer to move. Best to check whether this is included in the companies removal quotes.
For some tips on saving money on your move, visit our cheap removals page.
If you’re unsure about a moving company and whether they are legitimate or not, then most of the time it’s best to go with your gut. Here are some things that you should look out for in removal companies to make sure you’re not picking a bad one:
- Do they have a physical address?
- Do they have an online presence?
- Is it easy to get in touch with them?
- Do they ask a lot of questions when they take their removal survey?
- Does the mover provide a written removal estimate?
- Do they request a very large deposit from you before the move?
Now that you know what to look for, it’s time to get the removal quotes in! Fill out our quick and easy form to request up to five removal company quotes for free. It will only take you a few minutes and can save you up to 40% on your move!