Removal Quotes: Compare Your House Removal Costs
Want to compare removal quotes? Look no further! Fill out our home removal quotes form to receive up to five free removal quotes, allowing you to choose the best option for your specific needs and concerns.
Your location details
Your moving details
Your contact details
Why Choose Sirelo to Compare Removal Quotes?
While requesting removal quotes without a middleman is an option, we strongly advise that you use our platform to enable you to compare removal company quotes. This way, you can save time, money and let us, as experts in moving, do the legwork. By getting home removal quotes using the form above, Sirelo can help:
- Save time: we have no doubt that your days are busy, and have only been made busier since you decided to move house. With Sirelo, you do not need to contact moving companies individually to receive removal quotes, but let us do the hard work for you.
- Save money: moving house is an expensive process, and so we’re sure you don’t want to overpay on your removal quotes. Given that prices can vary up to 40%, there is serious money to be saved here.
- Find your perfect match. Sirelo considers the specifics of your move to ensure that your individual needs are taken into account. That way, even less of the responsibility is placed on you.
How Many Home Removal Quotes Should You Get?
How long is a piece of string? There is no right answer to this one, but as mentioned, receiving multiple removal quotes online, gives you the chance to compare. That being said, using too many platforms and contacting too many movers can leave you overwhelmed and confused. That’s why Sirelo chooses up to five removal quotes, specifically catered to you. That’s enough to allow for productive removal comparison, but without leaving you to trawl through the internet for hours.
Top tip! Often the sooner you get your move booked in the removal company’s diary, the cheaper the move is. So make sure you request your home removal quotes ASAP to guarantee the best possible deal.
Removal Quotes UK: What Influences the Cost?
Understanding the factors that contribute to your final removal quotes is crucial. This way, you can learn how to save money on your move, an avoid any unnecessary excess costs. The prices shown on removal quotes are determined by:
- Distance. This is somewhat obvious, but the further you intend to move, the higher your removal quotes will be.
- Volume. The greter the volume of your move, the more expensive it will be. Unsure of the volume of your household? Use our handy furniture volume calculator to determine this.
- Route. Moving to a remote Caribbean island? We’re very jealous; but be aware that common routes tend to be cheaper than obscure ones. Routes with higher demand naturally have greater competition between moving companies, which drives the prices of removal quotes down. This applies to requesting both domestic and international removal quotes.
- Mode of transport. Is speed your priority? If so, and you therefore want to transport your belongings by air freight, this is likely to be more expensive than moving via sea. N.B. for large moves you probably won’t have an option: it is impossible to get a large container on an aeroplane!
- Complexity. Do you require special assistance when moving and so need extra personnel? Or do you have speciality items such as a piano or artwork? If so, expect surpluses to be added to your home removal quotes.
- Additional costs. By this we mean things like insurance costs and elevator fees. Top tip! This is why we don’t recommend always opting for the cheapest removal quote: the lower range removal quotes often exclude these costs.
What to Look For When Comparing Removal Quotes
Once you have received your removal quotes, there are several things to keep in mind when comparing them. Make sure you thoroughly compare your removal quotes before coming to a conclusion.
Moving doesn’t come cheap. We therefore imagine that the cost of the removal company quotes will be the first thing to grab your attention. However, as mentioned, be sure to check whether the cheapest quotes are hiding sneaky extra costs.
Now you know to consider more than just the upfront cost of your removal quotes, you are probably wondering what else you need to consider. Some removal quotes will include more services than others. These services might include the following, so be sure to check this; especially if you have any specific needs.
- Moving boxes. It is not a given that the cost of your moving boxes is incorporated into your house removal quotes. If you do end up organising this yourself, be sure to visit our page on moving boxes to answer all your queries on this topic.
- Packing services. For those of you who feel overwhelmed by how much there is to organise when moving house, you might want some assistance with packing up your belongings. If this is the case, be sure to choose a removal quote that has this cost incorporated.
- Assembly and disassembly. Not sure how to take apart certain items? It’s not worth risking damaging your possessions, or indeed yourself. You may therefore require expertise and equipment to help you do this safely.
- Moving insurance. Speaking of moving safely, making sure your possessions are insured is essential. We therefore sincerely recommend choosing a company that offers this service when comparing removal quotes.
- Transportation of special objects. Got a grand piano? Or even a pet? Be sure you have made the removal company aware of this as it is likely they will want to arrange a visit to assess for themselves exactly what needs transporting.
- Long carry. If movers have to walk a significant distance (more than 15 metres) between the parked truck and your property, there might be a surplus added to your removal quotes.
Removal Company Reviews
Sirelo is committed to providing 100% transparent customer reviews. Every moving company that we partner with has its own profile containing all submitted customer reviews. Our review system has zero bias, and so is a great way to determine which removal quote to go for.
Moving networks like BAR (British Association of Removers) are committed to ensuring quality standards in the industry. It is not a requirement for a removal company to join a moving network like BAR. However, those removal companies associated with BAR are required to uphold a certain quality standard. When choosing your removal quote, check to see if the company is a member of BAR. It could give you some assurances as to the professionalism of the company.
We hope that you now feel more knowledgeable about your removal quote! If you want more information about any aspect of your move, you can always explore the Sirelo website further. We have an abundance of helpful resources including:
- Moving House Checklist: Find out everything that you need to do and when for an easy move.
- Moving Abroad Checklist: Work your way through this is you are moving abroad to ensure a stress-free move.
For now, good luck! Remember, above all, moving house is exciting. Once you request your removal quotes, you’ll be one step close to ensuring a smooth move.