Why Choose Sirelo to Compare Removal Quotes?
Firstly, removal quote comparison is an important step of any move, be it domestic or international. Why? Well, you can contact several companies to get removal quotes, which is a pain; calling, emailing, hunting for removal firm quotes is really no fun. ☹
That’s where Sirelo comes in! Use our platform which enables you to compare removal company quotes quickly and for free. If you get home removal quotes from Sirelo, we can help you:
- Save time – We have no doubt that your days are busy and are only busier now with house removal tasks. With Sirelo, we find companies that serve the route your desired route and then you’ll receive up to 5 instant removal company quotes!
- Save money – Moving house is an expensive process since it’s very labour intensive. But who wants to overpay for a house removal? Thus, it’s important to compare removal company quotes to find the best price.
- Find your perfect match – Price is, of course, a major focus when you get removal quotes. However, what you do next is even more important, choosing the right removal company for you, and Sirelo’s here to help. Keep reading and we’ll give you advice on how to compare removal company quotes to find your perfect match. 😊
Should You Hire a Removal Company?
Well, if you’re here, that likely answers your question. If you’re sitting on the fence contemplating whether a removal company is really necessary, we strongly recommend that you do take the professional help.
Experience and Expertise
There are some tips and tricks to moving that can’t be picked up in one move. Thus, through their experience, removal companies are better equipped with the know-how to help move heavy items without breaking their back! They are also aware of the requirements regarding permits, licenses for lorries and heavy machinery.
The biggest reason why you should hire a professional is to save time. Allowing a company to handle the nitty-gritty gives you more time to focus on other tasks.
How Many Home Removal Quotes Should You Get?
How long is a piece of string? There is no right answer to how many home removal quotes you should request, as long as it’s more than one. How else will you be able to compare the removal company quotes! 😉
However, from our experience, we find that requesting too many home removal quotes will only complicate the process, leaving you feeling overwhelmed and wasting time. We find 5 removal quotes to be the optimal number, too many more and you’ll be pulling out your hair!
That’s why Sirelo offers up to five removal quotes, specifically catered to you. We find companies that serve the route you need so you can effectively compare removal company quotes, but without needing to trawl through the internet for hours.
Sirelo tip: the early bird catches the worm! If you get removal quotes in advance, you can land a more favourable rate as you’re not vying for space in the removal company’s calendar. Just maybe not too early, most companies won’t book a move more than 9 months away!
What’s Included in Removal Firm Quotes?
Before you receive removal quotes, it’s important to know what a quote will contain and things to be heedful of, and Sirelo is here to make sure you’re in the know.
The price will likely be the first thing that you check when you receive a removal quote. It’ll be based on the volume of your move, based on your estimate of the volume or from a moving survey, and the distance. You should ask if the price is an estimate or a final price. By knowing it’s an estimate, you at least avoid some shock should the price change.
Moving Services Included
In home removal quotes, the removal company will mention the services that will be provided, including the number of vehicles and staff. It’s important to read it and raise any questions you have before your move.
The removal company quote will state the date of your move. While easily overlooked, it’s a good idea to check that the dates are correct in case of a clerical error.
Goods in transit are not covered by content insurance, so removal quotes will often cover the insurance policy they offer that will cover your goods, along with a range of options.
Terms and Conditions
An important part of any contract and removal quotes are no different, you’ll find the terms and conditions that outline the responsibilities of the removal company and any obligations. Be sure to give them a good read, even if it’s not as exciting literature as this article!
Removal Quotes UK: What Influences the Cost?
When comparing house removal quotes online, it’s important to understand the factors that contribute to the final cost of a removal quote. This way, you can learn how to save money on your move and avoid any unnecessary extra expenses. The cost of a home removal quote is determined by:
- Distance – This is somewhat obvious, but the further you intend to move, the higher your cost in the removal quote will be.
- Volume – The greater the volume of your move, the more expensive it will be. Unsure of the volume of your household? Use our handy furniture volume calculator to determine this.
- Route – Moving to a remote Caribbean Island? We’re very jealous but be aware that common routes tend to be cheaper than obscure ones. Routes with higher demand naturally have greater competition between moving companies, which drives the prices of removal quotes down. This applies to requesting both domestic and international removal quotes.
- Mode of transport – Is speed your priority? If so, and you, therefore, want to transport your belongings by air freight, this is likely to be more expensive than moving via sea. N.B. for large moves you probably won’t have an option: it is impossible to get a large container on an aeroplane!
- Complexity – Do you require special assistance when moving and so need extra personnel? Or do you have speciality items such as a piano or artwork? If so, expect these services to be reflected in your home removal quotes.
- Additional costs – By this, we mean things like insurance costs and elevator fees.
Therefore, we recommend that you don’t always opt for the cheapest removal quote: the lower range of home removal quotes often exclude these costs.
If you still feel like you are at a loose end, whether you are moving within the UK (which also has a removal quotes calculator for UK domestic removals only!), or moving overseas, be sure to check these removals costs pages.
What to Look For When Comparing Removal Quotes
Once you have received your removal quotes, there are several things to keep in mind when you compare removal company quotes. Make sure you thoroughly compare your removal quotes before coming to a conclusion.
Moving doesn’t come cheap, as we already mentioned. We, therefore, imagine that the cost of the removal company quotes will be the first thing to grab your attention. However, as mentioned, be sure to check whether the cheapest quotes are possibly hiding sneaky extra costs.
Now you know to consider more than just the upfront cost of your home removal quotes, you are probably wondering what else you need to consider when comparing house removal quotes online. Some removal quotes will include more services than others. These services might include the following, so be sure to check this; especially if you have any specific needs.
- Moving boxes – It is not a given that the cost of your moving boxes is incorporated into your house removal quotes. If you do end up organising this yourself, be sure to visit our page on moving boxes to answer all your queries on this topic.
- Packing services – For those of you who feel overwhelmed by how much there is to organise when moving house, you might want some assistance with packing up your belongings. If this is the case, be sure to choose a removal company quote that has this cost incorporated.
- Assembly and disassembly – Not sure how to take apart certain items? It’s not worth risking damaging your possessions, or indeed yourself. You may therefore require expertise and equipment to help you do this safely.
- Moving insurance – Speaking of moving safely, making sure your possessions are insured is essential. We therefore sincerely recommend choosing a company that offers this service when comparing removal quotes.
- Transportation of special objects – Got a grand piano? Or even a pet? Be sure you have made the removal company aware of this as it is likely they will want to arrange a visit to assess for themselves exactly what needs transporting.
- Long carry – If movers have to walk a significant distance (more than 15 metres) between the parked truck and your property, there might be a surplus charge added to your removal quotes.
Removal Company Reviews
As with any service, you’ll want to know about other people’s experiences when comparing removal company quotes. Since Sirelo is committed to providing 100% transparent customer reviews, we try to provide every removal company with its own profile containing all submitted customer reviews.
Our review system has zero bias, and so is a great base to start with when you want to compare removal firms’ quotes. Price shouldn’t be the sole deciding factor, it’s not worth it if everything ends up broken!
Moving networks like BAR (British Association of Removers) are committed to ensuring quality standards in the industry. However, it’s not a requirement for a removal company to join a moving network like BAR.
Removal companies associated with BAR are required to uphold a certain quality standard. When comparing removal company quotes, check to see if the company is a member of BAR or another mover association when you get removal quotes. It could give you some assurances as to the professionalism of the company.
Ready for a Perfect Move?
We hope that you now feel more knowledgeable about finding and comparing house removal quotes online! If you want more information about other aspects of your move, click the links below to explore the Sirelo website further. What you’ll find is an abundance of helpful resources for your move.
For now, good luck! Remember, above all, moving house is exciting. Once you request your removal quotes, you’ll be one step close to ensuring a smooth move.