How Much Does It Cost to Move to Leeds?
House removals are stressful and require a lot of planning and preparation. Each move is unique and depending on the services you require, they come at different costs.
To help you budget for your move, here are the estimated costs of moving to Leeds from other major cities in the UK:
|Moving From||1 bed||3 bed|
Disclaimer: The prices above are only estimates and do not take into account the extra services you may require such as packing or storage.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Your Removal
There are several factors that affect the price of your move but the two most influential are the distance you are moving and the volume of your belongings. By using our removal volume calculator, you can have an estimate of how much you are bringing with you in a matter of clicks! This way, you can avoid being overcharged for your move.
Other factors that could influence the cost of your move are:
- If you choose a Man and a Van service, prices range from £50-£60 per hour for two removal men and a van.
- The time of your move can impact your removal costs so avoid moving during peak season (May-September) and on weekends to cut down costs!
- Do you own a piano? Or any fine art? If you have any unique furniture that requires special care, your removal costs will increase.
- Moving companies often offer additional services such as packing assistance or storage facilities which could increase the cost of your move. You might consider doing some of the legwork yourself!
Removal Companies to Leeds: How to Find Your Perfect Match
If you’re looking for a removal company from London to Leeds or from anywhere else in the UK, we have you covered! Your next step is to compare removal companies and request quotes. This way you can make sure you are getting the services you need, at a price that fits your budget.
Another option? You can let us help you find your perfect match! By filling in our online form below, you can request up to five free quotes from trusted removal companies. All you have to do is choose one! So what are you waiting for? Fill in the form now and let Sirelo help you move to Leeds 😊
Sirelo’s Top Moving Tips
House removals to Leeds, or anywhere in the UK, can become overwhelming. That’s why we have put together some helpful tips to ensure your move is easy and stress- free!
- An hour of planning can save you 10 hours of doing – Dale Carnegie. Planning is the key to a smooth house removal. The earlier you start, the more prepared you will be for the big day. Check out our moving house checklist to help you prepare for moving to Leeds.
- Looking to save money on your move? Check out our cheap removals page for help and advice on what you can do to reduce the cost of your move!
- Wondering where to get boxes for your move to Leeds? We can help! Have a look at our moving boxes overview for information on where to get the packing resources you need as well as other helpful information.
- Don’t forget to cancel your utilities and redirect your mail to your new home in Leeds – you’ll thank us for this tip later!
- For even more help and advice, check out our 21 tried and tested tips for your move to Leeds. By the time you’re finished, you will feel ready to take on your move!
Living in Leeds
The Capital of the North is full of history and diversity. Aside from it’s beautiful city centre or the fact that Leeds is one of the finest shopping destinations in the UK, the city still has much more to offer.
For those that seek relaxation in an otherwise busy world, you will find many green spaces and open parks in Leeds. Just outside the city, you can gaze upon the rolling hills of the countryside and visit historical sites like Kirkstall and Fountain abbey.
Still not convinced? Then perhaps you should experience the city’s vibrant nightlife or famous music festival! Keep reading for more information about living in Leeds.
Cost of Living in Leeds
Good news for your bank account! Leeds is definitely cheaper to live in compared to other places in the south – 32% less expensive than London to be exact.
You will find your groceries will be about 17% lower in Leeds than London, and 17% lower for restaurant prices too!
People relocating to Leeds will find the prices of accommodation in this metropolitan city are quite reasonable. Below is the average cost of rent in Leeds:
|Type of Property||City Centre||Outside City Centre|
If you’re considering buying a property, for an apartment in the city centre you can expect to pay £2,666.67 per square meter. If you’re looking outside the city, you can plan to pay £2,250.00 per square meter.
Data Sourced: Numbeo
Best Places to Call Home
Leeds is quickly becoming one of the most desirable places to live in the UK. Offering a dynamic economy, affordable living and a welcoming culture, it is any wonder it is becoming so popular?
To help you with your relocation, we have identified the best places to live in Leeds as:
- Horsforth – well connected and is the perfect balance between suburbs and nightlife!
- Chapel Allerton – ideal for commuters and young families.
- Roundhay – very popular location with lots of space and great facilities nearby.
- Leeds Waterfront – extremely lively, central and great for young workers.
Right now, you can start your property search online! Check out websites like Right Move, Zoopla, and On The Market to help you find your dream home in Leeds.
Schools and Education
If your moving to Leeds with your kids, you will have to consider what school you want them to attend. Luckily, you can find the best schools near you in Leeds using the official government school comparison guide. You will have no problem finding the perfect school for your children!
Leeds is a great place for students as well. It has a vibrant nightlife and great work prospects after graduation. Offering excellent universities, this is a great place to relocate as a family or as a student.
Working in Leeds
Leeds has a booming and diversified economy in all of the UK’s main employment areas. It has also seen rapid growth in private-sector jobs – faster than any other UK city! It’s clear that Leeds has plenty of opportunities on offer for anyone seeking to move there, from young graduates right up to seasoned professionals 😊
People moving to Leeds can start their job search online using portals such as:
Leeds local government website is an additional website listing local job opportunities. You can also check for job vacancies listed in two of Leeds’s main newspapers The Yorkshire Evening Post and The Yorkshire Post.
Sirelo Top Tip: Networking is key these days so we suggest creating an online profile on a professional network such as LinkedIn.
Ready for the Next Step?
Congratulations! A move to Leeds is on the horizon. Located in the heart of the UK, offering the perfect balance between city and country life, it’s the perfect place to move! The city has much to offer new commers with plenty of amenities, great universities, exciting work opportunities and affordable housing.
So what are you waiting for? Request quotes through Sirelo today and you can start planning for your house removal! After all, “the best way to get things done is to simply begin” 😊
For any more moving related queries, check out the rest of our website. We wish you the best of luck with your move!